With Green4Site™, Top Grade is committed to contributing to its community and environment. It cannot be denied that through efficient, smart, and environmentally conscious building, we can help make the world a better place to live today and for future generations.
As part of our commitment to have a positive impact on the communities we serve, we have launched a broad-based program of initiatives to promote sustainable development practices. Each year, Top Grade recycles hundreds of thousands of tons of material in its offices and on its jobsites.
Aggressively expanding our sustainable capabilities extends our leadership in this growing field.
Doing Our Part
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention—Power sweeping to minimize dirt tracked onto roadways and into storm drains.
- Reducing Off-Haul—Utilizing existing site materials to reduce excess on-site traffic, transportation emissions, and waste/disposal.
- Minimizing Equipment Emissions—Decreasing idling time and applying fuel additives that improve fuel economy, prevent engine build up, and contribute to better air quality standards.
- Erosion & Dust Control—Maintaining airborne dirt and dust with water trucks dispensing reclaimed water.
- Reducing Energy Consumption—Installing energy-efficient light bulbs and implementing day lighting.
- Water Conservation—Installing and utilizing low-flow toilets. Adjusting landscaping for reduced water dependency.
- Using Recycled Materials—Purchasing recycled products such as paper, bathroom products, office supplies, and more.
- Recycling on Our Projects—Concrete, aggregate base, asphalt, trees, and plants.
- Recycling in Our Offices & Shop—Bottles, cans, paper, electronic waste, batteries, plastics, motor oil, lubricants, and metals.
Technology for Eco-Efficiency
Consistently at the forefront of new technology and innovative practices, Top Grade was an early adopter of green processes and continues to research future initiatives.
The use of innovative products such as recycled base, warm mix asphalt, and rubberized asphalt (which incorporates ground recycled tires) not only produces durable results, but also environmental benefits such as energy savings and reduced emissions.
Additionally, utilizing GPS technology on our projects improves efficiency and accuracy for less rework and increased productivity. This decreases equipment utilization and its associated ecological damages. By working smarter every day, we have created a higher standard of environmental care on our projects.